Re: [DL] Getting Started [speech]

On Monday, August 5, 2002, at 01:38  PM, darious@nmia.com wrote:

> Well said.
>
> You know, the two remaining D20 people on this list have been
> incredibly patient
> with the rest of us (myself certainly included in that latter group).

After my last outburst, I've decided to go ahead with the motto of "If
you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all."

Of course, I'm a mean-spirited person, at least according to my posse.

> There is no need to polarize the listserv into armed "flagship" vs
> "D20" camps.
>       What is going to happen is those who hold the center - the old
> guard if
> you will - will drive away the newer folks, and this will lead to the
> typical
> stagnation and death by inbreeding that I've seen of every other
> cliqueish list
> or newsgroup.

True words. This (and the rest of your post (snipped for brevity) is a
good way to look at things.
--
Brett

LORD, WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT FOR THE CARE OF THE REAPER
MAN? (Reaper Man, Terry Pratchett)