Re: [DL] Funny in-joke in "Lone Stars"

And don't forget the constant use of Bruce Campbell ( and of course Vincent Price.

C M Hylton
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, August 07, 2002 8:55 AM
Subject: RE: [DL] Funny in-joke in "Lone Stars"

>In the new hand-to-hand maneuvers section I found one particular maneuver called the "Stunner."  The maneuver consists of >grabbing an opponent by the neck, and forcefully dropping to a sitting position, injuring the target's neck.  In case it hasn't hit >anyone yet, a certain pro-wrestler from Texas, one "Stone Cold" Steve Austin, presently WWE inactive, used to use this move as >HIS finisher.

Mr. McGlothlin’s proclivity for professional wrestling is fairly well known around these parts.  As is his use of “in jokes.”  (You must buy “Dead Presidents.”  You must buy “Dead Presidents.”)  Actually, “in jokes” are fairly common in quite a few Deadlands products.

Did you also happen to notice the picture that accompanied the “Stunner” description?  The Ranger using the maneuver bears more than a little resemblance to “Stone Cold.”

Of course speaking of resemblance, one of the most “open” in jokes is the similarity between Hank Ketchum, the archetypal Ranger, and a certain “Gambler.”

Clint (My name is an in joke) Black