[DL] Frag Deadlands question

Hi

Sorry if this question is out-of-subject for the list.

I have purchased Frag Deadlands from Steve Jackson games and find it rather
fun and an improvement over normal Frag.

I have a problem with the malfunction rules. The way I read it, a weapon
malfunctions if any damage die come up '1'. When rolling bunch of dice I
cannot see the likelihood of this NOT happening. I mean if I am rolling 6d6
that chance of no '1's is only 33%. Who would fire a gun with more than 50%
chance of exploding? Am I reading the rules wrong? How do you play it?

An other complain is that the Indian Brave and the Huckster seem a little
weak. Is that just me?

Sven