RE: [DL] DL: Los Diablos (SHANE, Marshals only)

Response at bottom:

Eric Avedissian <eric@pro-usa.net> wrote:

>Marshals only, please!
>

>spoiler space
>

>spoiled yet?
>

>Okay, I'm throwing this out to the Listserv because it came up in
>Saturday's gaming session. One of the posse members with five Grit was
>visited by los diablos and the Devil's Own Herd. Needless to say, said
>character was killed by the los diablos. The player disputed he could
>come back Harrowed.
>The rule book specifically states (and I quote): "Other characters in
>the vicinity are 'trampled' by the ghostly hooves of the Devil's Own
>Herd and take 1d4 Wind per round until all los diablos are defeated. As
>usual, if Wind goes negative and starts causing wounds, the characters
>can die. Those who do become another soul in the Devil's Own Herd. Those
>fighting with los diablos suffer a similar fate. Their souls are taken
>into the Hunting Grounds to become diablos."
>According to the rules, a los diablos is an uber bad guy whose basic
>function is to destroy heroes who become a thorn in the Reckoner's side.
>The player insisted he could still return Harrowed, EVEN THOUGH HIS SOUL
>WENT BYE-BYE INTO THE HUNTING GROUNDS. This is probably the only
>instance where a hero can't return Harrowed.
>The next bit is weird.
>The player was really instistant and called the game store manager who
>was at GenCon and asked him to go to the Pinnacle booth and ask Shane
>about the ruling. A few minutes later, the phone rang and, according to
>the player, Shane said yes, it's okay, he could return Harrowed after
>being gored to death by a servant of the Reckoners.
>I don't buy it; it sounds like a load of bull dumplings. Returning
>Harrowed required a soul, or at least a fragment of a soul, otherwise
>the manitous would have full dominion.
>I ruled yes, he was definately dead and no, he wasn't coming back - at
>least not as a Harrowed, despite having made his Harrowed pull and
>gotten a red joker.
>Any thoughts on this, people?
>
>Marshal Eric

Let the body be harrowed.
The soul of the PC is gone. It went bye-bye. Elvis has left the house.
This means the spirit is in 100%, full time, uncontested control.
This gives you 2 ways out:
1) You tell the player "Thanks for the NPC." and take the sheet.
2) If you have a good player, give him a sheet listing the new personality of the spirit using the body and let the player go with the new spirit running the old body.

my quarter
Kevin Jameson

Pre-order the NEW Netscape 7.0 browser. Reserve your FREE CD and pay only $2.99 shipping and handling. http://cd.netscape.com/promo_one/