Re: [DL] Lone Stars stuff(Mr Mcglothlin or anyone who feels they know)

You'll have to wait for Chris to give you the Lone
Stars-Guy opinion on this, but from the d20-Guy
opinion, I would say that IMHO the prestige classes
are open ended. Therefore you could go to Levels 11+
if you wanted. Most of the progressions are pretty
straightforward to figure out, so you can just
continue them on past 10th level.

Now I may be breaking some sort of unknown d20 law
with this, but that's my take.

Fred J.

--- Kevin L Stoner <stone1kl@cmich.edu> wrote:
> I know this should have come up much sooner but I am
> a bit
> daft about coming up with this stuff until it just
> kinda
> smacks me in the face. Last night one of my posse
> members was
> finally able to come up with enough stuff to meet
> the Rangers
> prestige class ability. Between that and the
> completion of
> Ghost Busters(which he and the posse did primarily
> for the
> Rangers) I decided that if the posse would give him
> the time
> he needed to go off to boot camp then he could
> become a
> Texase Ranger. Anyway we were looking at ranks in
> lone stars
> and he pointed something out to me, since the
> Rangers are a
> prestige class and only go to 10th level how does
> one gain
> higher ranks? After all at 10the level they are only
> a 2nd
> lieutenant or something. My question is should I
> halve the
> level rank, or should I extend the chart? If I lower
> the rank
> that makes a Brigadier general(such as General King)
> at least
> a 17th level character(7 for minimum requirements
> +10 for
> Brigadier) and that seems pretty darn powerful and
> he could
> be higher than that after taking more levels in
> Gunslinger or
> scout or whatever. The third option is to add the
> characters
> current level when they join thus representing the
> military
> way of instantly promoting a person to officer based
> on there
> experience such as modern military. Well there you
> have it I
> would like to know your thoughts on it Christopher,
> Shane,
> Mom, whoever. Thanks in advance :).
>
> Kevin "the d20 Ranger" Stoner

> with
> 	unsubscribe deadlands@gamerz.net

=====
I've had it up to here. Listening to a small segment of people trying to put down America. America's the greatest land on Earth and we oughta be proud of what we have. I'm proud of America. I'm proud of our people and I'm going to prove it. We're American and damn proud of it!

Dink - Green Mind