[DL] Newly Harrowed makes his first experiences

Yesterday we had a little DL session. Nothing special, just an encounter with pit wasps to get the new player characters to know each other. One of them was the recently killed-and-risen Zuni indian called Flaming Wolf, there was a Doctor (and Agent) and a young Mexican Huckster, whose player joined us for the first time in six months.

There isn't really much to tell about the evening - they got trapped in a house, had to fight off hordes of monstrous wasps, the extras died one by one - you saw the movies.

Still, there were some classic moments of roleplaying and fun. Relatively soon, the other posse members that the indian isn't alive in the traditional sort of way, but since he was mighty good in killing giant wasps, they let it go for the moment (Wolf, btw, developed Supernatural Nimbleness, or whatever it's called, during the evening).

The Doctor and the Indian both got stung - but of course, only the Doctor had to deal with the poison. So, when was a short moment of relief, when the first wave was fougth off, the doctor collapsed.
The Huckster says: "Looks like those stings are poisonous."
The Indian: " I got stung and feel nothing - maybe he is allergic?"
Huckster: "I guess it affects him because he's just not dead?"
Indian: "Oh. Or That."

Or later, when thy hided upstairs, the then-better-feeling doctor said to the Indian: "You're doing it again!" - "What?" - "Not breathing!!" - "Oh, sorry [starts breathing again]".

And finally, they managed to get out and survived. In the end there was some tension and suspense when the Indian's Dog was trapped in a burning house and Wolf was to terrified to enter and the other two quarreled over if they should rescue the dog or not. The Kid Huckster refused, the Doctor went in - and came out alive, only instants before the house collapsed.

Oh, and Flaming Wolf is quite comfortable with his new found powers for now. Well, he'll see.

Markus