[DL] Dead Presidents: The Author's Cut Now Available

         Here's a repost of the Original Author's Cut deal from way back in
June '01, for those who are interested:
>Good morning,
>         I've been up all night, but the portions of Dead Presidents that
> didn't make it into the final draft are now ready to be seen. If you're
> interested, here's what you get: an RTF file (16KB zipped, 48KB not) with
> all the never-before-seen "alternate takes", with pointers as to where
> they appeared in the original draft's storyline. This is NOT a complete
> version of either the original or published versions, so you need to own
> a copy of DP already to make any sense of it.
>         As I've said before, the printed version of DP is way better, so
> I make no guarantees you won't read the file and say, "Man, did that
> SUCK!" Shane's a far better writer than me, and this file proves that
> beyond doubt.
>         Everything in the file is For Marshals Only, so players need not
> apply. If you are a player and lie to me about it, I hope your Marshal
> kills your character and your little dog, too.
>         If you still want to see a copy of the file, respond to me
> PRIVATELY at the email address above, and please tell me where you want
> the file sent. Requests sent directly to the Listserver will NOT be
> honored, and will be roundly and unmercilessly ridiculed, both here and
> on the OT list.
>         As a courtesy, once you've read it, please tell me (private mail
> or Listserver) what you thought of it. This material didn't make the cut,
> and I need to know from someone not as enamored of it as I am how I can
> make my future work better. All I ask is that you be honest and
> forthcoming in your appraisals--"shoot" with me, in other words, just
> like the Honourable Mr. Spence did.
>         (If you fail to do so, I reserve the right to show up at your
> house, late at night, while I'm loud and drunk.)   I am going to bed now.
> When I wake up and check my mail later this afternoon, I will begin
> honoring requests, unless a more sensible person talks me out of
> embarassing myself thusly. Until then, thanks to everyone for your
> support and interest, with special thanks to Shane for letting me show
> this material.

Deo Vindice,
Mr. Christopher L. McGlothlin, M.Ed.

Educator & Freelance RPG Writer
Member, Academy of Adventure Gaming Arts & Design

"Look upon me! I'll show you the life of the mind!"
--Charlie Meadows (John Goodman), _Barton Fink_