Re: [DL] Mallory Harlequin; hmmm just doesn't have the same ring to it....

--- Jeff Shoffner <shoffner@esper.com> wrote:
> <pseudo character>
> David Harlequin Motorworks Company
> Aug. 28, 1877
> Dear Capt. Mallory;
> (signed)
> David Harlequin
> </pseudo character>

Will respond in another post, or privately.  Heh, I
imagine people might be getting sick of us by now.
:-)

> You do bring up a point; what with that little front
> wheel out there trying to turn the entire 'pede,
> maybe it should be more of a TN of 7.  Can't really
> lean it to the side to turn like other 'pedes.
> Well, like I said, this whole exercise was done spur

> of the moment.

Okay, I'll make that correction to my notes.  Yes, I'm
taking notes.  :-)

> Oh.  Well, I guess we'll have to change that too.

Gotcha, I'll make sure to keep the increases based on
size and carrying capacity, and just reduce the base
numbers accordingly.

> >*sigh*  Don't get me started on the limitations of
> >steam power for fast and effecient vehicle power...
> Oh?  Are you a member of the Steam Power Society?
> :-)

Not familiar with the reference, did I miss something?
 Expound, please!  Syd's dream of dreams is to develop
actual powered flight, but that dictates a number of
smaller stepping stone inventions, all of which take
time, and hopefully something more consistent and
powerful than steam power.

> Hmmmm, maybe these little Dawg tricks I'm coming up
> with should be a separate skill that can be linked
> to Driving: velocipede.  Kind of like Gunplay for
> messing around with pistols.  Either that, or just
> consider the rider's Driving skill to be what
> you roll to successfully do these tricks.

Oh, I like that idea!  Or they could be like
Wrasselin' maneuvers where you can buy each "trick",
up to your skill in the Drivin' skill.  *rubbing hands
together*  I gotta try these out!  }:-)>

> Okay, now you got me thinking of various Dawg tricks
> (bad pun intended) that need to be written up.
> Let's see, we got the Roll Over, the Lie Down, I'm
> thinking of "Beg" (a biker wheelie), "Heel" (hmmm,
> not sure what'd that be), "Stay" (I'm thinking a
> hard braking manuever), and "Up!" (jumping)

Groaning at bad puns aside, I'm willing to help with
working up a list of maneuvers.  I'd change "Stay" to
something involving maintaining current Pace while
holding still, like reving the engine yet not moving,
to avoid the initial speed up problems.  That way
"Heel" could be the hard-brake maneuver.  And I like
jump...  maybe base the amount of vertical and
horizontal distance on the current Pace?

Let me give this some more thought when I get time,
and I'll post some more ideas.

Marguerite of EMGB, otherwise known as Captain Sydney Mallory