Re: [DL] Minor Relic: Eagle Feather (long)

> "The eagle feather is one of the most important and powerful medicine

> objects a shaman can own. All medicine ways except ghost medicine are

> considered favored when the feather is used in their rituals."

The "when the feather is used in their rituals" is the important part
in my opinion.

> Does this mean that a character starting with Eagle Feather
> would be able to
> "learns" all favors (except ghost medicine ways) at one point each as

> described in Favored & Unfavored Medicines on page 57 of
> Ghost Dancers?

No, learning new favors is not using the feather in a ritual and so no
benefit is to be gained in learning other favors.

> Does this mean that all Appeasement spent on favors (except
> ghost) are
> doubled as if spent from the appropriate Guardian Spirit?
> (except ghost)
> regardless of the source of the appeasement (Shaman, Guardian Spirit,

> Associated Favor or Permanent Appeasement)?

With the feather, all appeasement generated by rituals towards favors
(not Ghost Medicine Favours) are doubled.

So spending points from a Guardian Spirit, or permanent appeasement
with the Eagle Feather gives the shaman no extra bonus towards any
favors as no ritual is involved when the appeasement is being spent.

> Does this mean that if you had a Guardian Spirit and Eagle
> Feather with
> overlapping medicine way that points spent would be tripled
> in the same
> manner as Associating a Medicine Way on page 82 of Ghost Dancers?

No, it just means that all medicine ways (except Ghost) are considered
favored regarless of what was favored previously.  The Eagle Feather
and the Guardian Spirit Associated Way benefits do not stack,
essentially your explanation of the Eagle Feather extending the
favoured medicine ways is how I understood it.  Bear in mind though
that a shaman doesn't have to have a Guardian Spirit to use the Eagle
Feather.

> Does this mean that if you had Eagle Feather and a blessed item with
> Associated Medicine Way that overlapped that all Appeasement would be

> tripled?

Yes.

I hope this answers your questions.  If you haven't looked already -
the accumulated rulings have some entries under generation of
appeasement although nothing concerning the Eagle Feather directly.

(I've forgotten the URL - but a google search for - accumulated rulings
deadlands - should get you there.

Cheers

Roy