[DL] Makin' Heroes

	Last night me and what will be the posse got together to make characters.
There was more than a little confusion of course, we have been long time D&D
players and this our first venture into the PEG systems. People were not
sure whether or not it was better to have a higher die or whether it would
be better to roll more of a lower type. So, we tip toed through all of that.
	But when it came down to the handing out of edges and hindrances...I saw a
change. One player in particular who always played the "Hulk Smash/Dwarf
kill" type players was reading through the hindrances and coming up with his
"Daddies farm was taken' in a poker game  by a cheatin' gambler" and tying
his hindrances in to events in his characters life. Now, I know thinking
about your characters in this way is nothing new to most of you all...but
this is a big step for my normally hack and slash group  (peppered with
actual role-playing.) I was pleasantly surprised...I can't wait to actually
play!!!
	I love the way the PEG system actually encourages this type of think about
your character and makes role-playing a little easier and you are actually
rewarded in the system for it as well as for killin' bad guys. Again I can't
wait to play!