Re: [DL] Makin' Heroes

Hey Rich...
The scary thing is, when I bought Deadlands for the
first time (96 I think) I hated the system, and I
quickly sold the book back to the Game store... But
now as a Gamer and storyteller, I have evolved and now
I look at the System and Love it... It is the Most
original thing out there, and now of course I am
buying the books like there is no tommorow... hell I
just bought Hell on Earth and after reading it last
night I love it...
Cudos to PEG!
Right now I am running DL d20, but only because they
are all primarily D&Ders, but soon I will want to
switch them over to the regular rules, just because
the Feel of the system makes the Game more Old west
then using D20.

Marshall Dregg
--- Rich Borges <rborges@seacorp.com> wrote:
> 	Last night me and what will be the posse got
> together to make characters.
> There was more than a little confusion of course, we
> have been long time D&D
> players and this our first venture into the PEG
> systems. People were not
> sure whether or not it was better to have a higher
> die or whether it would
> be better to roll more of a lower type. So, we tip
> toed through all of that.
> 	But when it came down to the handing out of edges
> and hindrances...I saw a
> change. One player in particular who always played
> the "Hulk Smash/Dwarf
> kill" type players was reading through the
> hindrances and coming up with his
> "Daddies farm was taken' in a poker game  by a
> cheatin' gambler" and tying
> his hindrances in to events in his characters life.
> Now, I know thinking
> about your characters in this way is nothing new to
> most of you all...but
> this is a big step for my normally hack and slash
> group  (peppered with
> actual role-playing.) I was pleasantly surprised...I
> can't wait to actually
> play!!!
> 	I love the way the PEG system actually encourages
> this type of think about
> your character and makes role-playing a little
> easier and you are actually
> rewarded in the system for it as well as for killin'
> bad guys. Again I can't
> wait to play!

> with
> 	unsubscribe deadlands@gamerz.net

=====
"Fangs were flying, capes were torn Hell hath no fury like a Vampire scorned The number one rule in this game:
Never call one by his real name Wigs were pulled, top hats were crushed By pointy boots in a rush And Boris at the bar orders a Bud and says, “It’s just another night at the Vampire Club."
-Voltaire