Re: [DL] Hucksters and Hexslingin'

On Saturday, September 14, 2002, at 11:51  AM, Elliott Wong wrote:

> I have the original set of rules and in the
> accumulated rulings found that Hucksters now have a
> Hexslingin' ability and can just select hexes to cast.

Yup. I just had to reread this myself. The revised rules, Hucksters and
hexes, and Hexarcana.

> How exactly does this work - both in terms of
> character creation and also in terms of casting the
> hex? I'll assume the level of the hex is the same as
> the level of the Hexslingin' skill, but what types of
> dice are rolled? (Based on the trait of the hex?)

It;s the Hexslinging' die level, but the trait die type of the hex as
you said.

> And dice are rolled, right? Else, the Huckster can
> only draw 5 cards.

Yup. Plus going bust will still cause backlash.

> I think I need to bite the bullet and get the revised
> rules, but this will tide me over until then. Thanks.

It;s highly recommended, although Hexarcana contains the most vital
updates for the spellcaster types.
--
Brett

LORD, WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT FOR THE CARE OF THE REAPER
MAN? (Reaper Man, Terry Pratchett)