Re: [DL] Hucksters and Hexslingin'

--- Elliott Wong <ferricfoot@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I have the original set of rules and in the
> accumulated rulings found that Hucksters now have a
> Hexslingin' ability and can just select hexes to cast.

Yup.

> How exactly does this work - both in terms of
> character creation and also in terms of casting the
> hex?

At creation, you get a number of hexes equal to your hexslingin' aptitude.
After that, though, they are separated and increase independently of each
other. New hexes cost 5 Bounty, and may have some tasks associated with
learning them. The rules for that in Hucksters and Hexes still work,
though they might have been modified a bit in Hexarcana. I'm at work so I
can't check right now.

> I'll assume the level of the hex is the same as
> the level of the Hexslingin' skill, but what types of
> dice are rolled? (Based on the trait of the hex?)

Exactly. The number comes from the hexslingin' skill, the type from the
associated trait, which depends on the hex.

> And dice are rolled, right? Else, the Huckster can
> only draw 5 cards.

Yes.

HTH,

Jason