Re: [DL] Minimum Weapon Range?

Elliott Wong wrote:

>How do you folks handle the longer weapons in melee? I
>mean, if a zombie's got their fangs in someone's
>shoulder, the hero isn't able to fire their shotgun,
>right? Do you handle that as a penalty - make it an
>onerous target number, etc?
>
>Thanks!
>

>Elliott

Greetings--

I don't remember seeing anything official on this, but the modifiers I
tend to use go like this:

If attacked by someone/thing that is using its fists, teeth, claws, etc,
then to use a pistol or sawed off shotgun has a -4 penalty. Trying to
use a rifle or something similar would carry a -8 penalty. In both
cases, if the person with the gun misses, I have them roll a d6, on a 1
they accidentally shot themselves.

If attacked by someone/thing that uses a hand-to-hand weapon with a bit
longer reach (for example, a sword, club, tentacle, etc), the penalties
actually go down to  -2 /-4. Also, a missed shot does not have a chance
of hitting the person firing the weapon.

Hope this helps.

--David L. Hoff
dlhoff1@charter.net