Re: [DL] Our first foray into DL Original Recipe

balance@tubas.net wrote:

[snip]

>> 3) Don't drag out a combat that isn't important. If the players are
>> supposed to ambush some bad guys before making their way to the evil
>> villian's lair, don't spend chips to make the mooks take longer to
>> kill; if they take enough wounds to put them down, let them die. Save
>> your chips for the big fight with the evil mastermind. It keeps the
>> session moving, as well as making the final battle a true test of
>> what your heroes are made of.
>

> Good advice... Also, it saves the chips for the big boss. Of course, i
> recommend chipping an occasional minor villain just to make the PCs
> sweat...

I guess I should amend that. Chipping most mooks is a waste in my
opinion. Their entire job is to cause the party to expend some ammo and
maybe cause a wound or two. Now, if for some reason you have an
important mook, like, fer instance, the one running like hell to reach
the pull rope for the alarm bell, then sure, chip away...

"You take aim at the center of the fleeing cultist's back and slowly
squeese the trigger on your Sharps big .50, but just as the shot goes
off the cultist trips on the edge of his robe and goes tumbling across
the floor. Your shot misses, and now the cultist looks up and sees the
pull rope for the church bell hanging above him. He reaches for it..."

Heh.

--David L. Hoff
dlhoff1@charter.net