[DL] Re: DA Revolvers in D20

In reality the advantage of a double action pistol was
that it could be fired slightly more quickly. The
disadvantages were reduced reliability (especially so
in the early DA Colts I think) and slightly reduced
accuracy (heavier trigger pull and all that).

Might I suggest that we make cocking a SA pistol a
prerequisite before firing it? This would be a zero
time action but if you fail you don't get the pistol
cocked - but you could cock it instead of firing.
I am not familiar enough with the D20 rules to know
just how to phrase this correctly.
This does add another die roll unfortunately. I don't
know how to model the accuracy loss, I don't think it
is large enough for a -1 penalty - and anyway I don't
think most shots in a gunfight are that well aimed
anyway.

Conversely you can fire away quite happily with a DA
revolver but if you fumble badly it could break,
leaving you with a club...

Michael