Re: [DL] Shane & the copyright law

On Thursday, October 3, 2002, at 09:10  PM, Jeff Shoffner wrote:
>> On Sunday, September 29, 2002, at 08:55  PM, Jeff Shoffner wrote:
>>> I was actually working on a website that would have the hexes listed
>>> in a 3x5 format just for this....[snip]
>> Please keep in mind that this is the kind of thing Shane might have to
>> politely talk to you about... Republishing material could be a
>> copyright violation.
>> Thankfully, most Dl spells are sumamrized in a simple paragraph or
>> two,
>> so the photocopy and paste to cards trick works OK.
> Thank you for bringing up a legitimate concern, however I had several
> email
> conversations with Shane about this particular subject, & after he
> viewed
> the site, he okayed it.  Just wanted to point out that I'm not a
> complete
> idiot, just a half-wit.  (The wishing well hasn't filled in with water
> & all
> that....long story; probably no one here would get the reference.)

OK, just trying to head of a potential issue at the pass. There's a lot
of well-meaning copyright violations out on the web that get everyone
annoyed because the 'big guy' is in a position where they need to make
trouble for the 'little guy' who's jsut trying to be helpful. SInce in
this case the 'big guy' is Shane Hensley, I'd like to keep him from
having to get into a mess... PEG doesn't need the problems.