Re: [DL] A Couple of Rules Questions *Spoilers*

Spoilers are gone, now. . . .

--- Dregg <grithtech@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Now Does Throwing get the same Dificulty when used
> Unskilled, meaning It's only One Die and -4? How does
> One know when to make a skill check "Unskilled" or
> just let them get away with using base trait?

Unskilled vs. Base Trait -- at least when I think about it -- depends on
how complex the task is, and whether an aptitude exists. For PC's, though,
I almost always go with unskilled. :-)

A side note on Marshaling: feel free to give any NPC any aptitude you
wish, don't be bound by what's printed (or what you can figure out). If in
doubt, and you want the NPC to have a the ability at a base level, roll
2d6. Don't stall the game trying to look up something like this, that's
for certain (not that you did, of course).

> Second
> Question is When you take a Wound (say -3 Wound in the
> arm) now does the penalty only come into Play when
> using that body part or does it affect the over skill
> checks of an action? I can understand if it was a Guts
> Shot that the minus would be over all, but will a arm
> shot effect an over all action, or just one using the
> limb?

The Wound penalties affect every action -- they represent physical damage,
to an extent, but mostly a character's inability to function while in
extreme pain. Arms and legs work okay until they're maimed, if I recall
correctly.

HTH,

Jason