[DL] Ok, dumb question

If you had a modifier (supernatural trait for example) on stat and you
wanted to increase the die type of that stat.  Would it be 3x the original
level (without the supernatural help) or 3x the new level (with the
supernatural help?)

IE:  I have a 2d4 strength on my deader..with 2 levels of supernatural
trait: Strength.   It would 2d8 (1 die type per level).  If I wanted to
increase the die type (not the power level knowing how it would be cheaper
to do the level and not the die type), would it be the base or the modified.

This might not be the easiest example, but say you had a relic raised your
die types and FUSED with the individual ( i know but this is hypothetical),
would you adjust the base die type or the modified die type?

C M Hylton