[DL] Re: deadlands-digest.20021018

In a message dated 10/19/02 12:04:00 AM, owner-deadlands@gamerz.net writes:

<< Hi something that was during the America in the 19th century, was big money
poker games. Alot of the western movie have big money games, mostly there
poker.

Now for Deadlands there very little mention of big ticket poker games or
players, My character Lord Fargo is a big ticket poker player. I mean he is
really good at playing poker, some groups have marked him as a possible
Huckster. >>

actually if you pick up hucsters and hexes there are mentions of a couple of
tournaments.   don't have the book here but I think there was a gambling
riverboat somewhere along the mississippi that was running constantly and
another yearly tournament run by the lady luck society (I think) that had an
obnoxious cash prize (like 50,000$ or something huge like that) that
attracted gamblers from all over the west.

so yea, they're out there