Re: [DL] (DL) Gaming Atmosphere Question

On Friday, October 25, 2002, at 09:49 AM, nytbloomer wrote:

That's a dang fine idea! May just have to use it in my own upcoming Weird West campaign. Things like that, the little touches, can add a LOT of atmosphere.
I personally prefer to put a lot of my atmosphere into dialogue with the NPC's, and do actual area descriptions more with emotional "oomph" in mind than detail, as such. Makes the game run quicker IMHO. But the echoing strains of the harmonica...definite "oomph" moment. (:

Well, I'm going to be reading some Lovecraft this weekend to get in the right 'mood' for my halloween game next weekend... The scenario I'm crafting should have some spooky bits to it at player request, so I want to be in the nice extra verbose mode.

Also, for Hell on Earth I'm planing to use my iPod to manage a list of songs to play... Both Pinnacle's soundtracks and a mix of Deadlands-style music from my collection.

Here's my current playlist. it's a pretty eclectic list... I listen to a weird mix of music, and a few selections (including the Clerks dialogue clip) may be something of group in-jokes. If this works well, I may make seperate lists for DL and HOE, then add a few special lists for scenario bits like duels or similar. But some of that'll ahve to wait until I have a computer hooked up to my laptop...

(And for the record, all of it's legal)

RadioFreeZerg
Kryptonite 3:53 3 Doors Down
Loser 4:24 3 Doors Down
Run-around 4:40 Blues Traveler
The Mountains Win Again 5:05 Blues Traveler
Crash Burn 2:59 Blues Traveler
Hook 4:50 Blues Traveler
The Good, The Bad, And The Ugly 1:55 Blues Traveler
Runnin' Down A Dream 4:23 Campbell/Lynne/Petty
Walk This Way 3:33 Greatest Hits Aerosmith
Kings And Queens 3:49 Greatest Hits Aerosmith
Back In The Saddle 4:42 Greatest Hits Aerosmith
Draw The Line 3:23 Greatest Hits Aerosmith
The Last War 7:23 Hell on Earth Toxic Tunes
After The Bombs 5:23 Hell on Earth Toxic Tunes
The Hard Rock Saloon 8:33 Hell on Earth Toxic Tunes
Denver 3:36 Hell on Earth Toxic Tunes
Drifter 1:24 Hell on Earth Toxic Tunes
Junkers Jam 6:33 Hell on Earth Toxic Tunes
The Ruins 11:36 Hell on Earth Toxic Tunes
Law Dogs 7:49 Hell on Earth Toxic Tunes
Welcome To Hell 1:09 Hell on Earth Toxic Tunes
The Fight Goes On 7:03 Hell on Earth Toxic Tunes
I Won't Back Down 2:56 Lynne/Petty Greatest Hits
The Gunfighter 4:57 Blues Traveler Straight On Till Morning
"No Time For Love, Dr. Jones" 0:09 Jeff Anderson Clerks Soundtrack
After The Bombs 5:23 Hell on Earth Toxic Tunes
Back Fire 3:01 スクエア Final Fantasy Tactics Original Soundtrack (Disc 1)
Back In The Saddle 4:42 Greatest Hits Aerosmith
Battle Of Someone 6:03 Blues Traveler Straight On Till Morning
Bloody Excrement 2:46 Masaharu Iwata & Hitoshi Sakimoto Final Fantasy Tactics OST (Disc 2)
Can't Even Tell 3:14 Soul Asylum Clerks Soundtrack
Cryptic Mood 1:53 スクエア Final Fantasy Tactics Original Soundtrack (Disc 1)
Draw The Line 3:23 Greatest Hits Aerosmith
hallowed ground 3:44 Violent Femmes
I Won't Back Down 2:56 Lynne/Petty
Last Night I Dreamed 4:10 Blues Traveler Straight On Till Morning
Law Dogs 7:49 Hell on Earth Toxic Tunes
Mach 5 3:16 The Presidents Of The United States Of America
Runnin' Down A Dream 4:23 Campbell/Lynne/Petty
Stygian Triplets 1:40 Howard Shore Dogma - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack
The Pervert 3:53 Masaharu Iwata & Hitoshi Sakimoto Final Fantasy Tactics OST (Disc 2)
Optimistic Thoughts 3:30 Blues Traveler Travelers & Thieves