Re: [DL] (DL) Gaming Atmosphere Question

 On "Guess who is comin to Donner" I used an empty DR. Pepper bottle to make the bottle sounds.  By the end of the adventure they were ready to break anything and everything that looked like a bottle because it was getting so annoying.  It was just an added jab that made the adventure that much more fun for everyone.

So did you have a harmonica to play or did you just describe it to the group.

Carl

 nytbloomer <nytbloomer@netzero.net> wrote:

That's a dang fine idea!  May just have to use it in my own upcoming Weird West campaign.  Things like that, the little touches, can add a LOT of atmosphere.

I personally prefer to put a lot of my atmosphere into dialogue with the NPC's, and do actual area descriptions more with emotional "oomph" in mind than detail, as such.  Makes the game run quicker IMHO.  But the echoing strains of the harmonica...definite "oomph" moment. (:

Yee-freakin'-haw!
Marshall "Red Hand" Roxi

Do you Yahoo!?