Re: [DL] Dr. Darious "Eggman" Hellstromme

--- Joey Fanning <wraith530@comcast.net> wrote:
> Me and a friend have noticed a striking similarity
> between Dr. Hellstromme and Dr. Robotnik from the
> Sonic series of games.  Some sorta-spoilers follow,
> but anyone who plays HOE probably knows all this
> stuff by now.

> Anyways, there are a few eerie similarities..
> 1.Both claim to be Doctors, but I haven't seen a
> single diploma outta either of 'em.
> 2.Both build automatons with once-living creatures
> as the controlling/powering unit.  The only reason
> Robotnik doesn't use people is that there don't
> appear to be any more on the entire planet.
> 3.Neither could build a normal science device to
> save their lives.  Robotnik couldn't fix his Mr.
> Coffee without rigging it to shoot spikes and
> stuffing a rabbit inside it, while Hellstromme would
> put some sort of spirit filter in place of the paper
> one that traps the coffee spirit.
> 4.Both make use of mystical power sources.  In fact,
> though Robotnik hasn't noticed yet, but one of the
> chaos emeralds is actually a huge chunk of ghost
> rock.
> 5.Both make at least one appearance in every game,
> and are usually the cause of all the trouble.
> 6.In the end, both try their damnedest to save the
> world.  But by that time, their biggest asset(their
> massive armies of robotic death) have been
> dispatched or gone rogue.
> 7.Both have enemies that you don't wanna piss off.
> Stay away from Sonic when he's yellow, and the same
> goes for Ronan when his eyes are red.
>
> See what I mean?
>

> Anyways, this has inspired me.  It's usually best to
> stand away when that happens.  I wrote the opening
> to "Ronan the Harrowed", which plays out and has the
> same tune of the "Sonic the Hedgehog" cartoon that
> had princess sally and came on ABC on saturdays.  If
> you keep reading, don't say i didn't warn you.
>
> The parts in parenthesis aren't sung, they're what's
> happening.

<snips ghastly verse>

Have you and your friend figured out who the
equivelant of Tails, Knuckles, and Amy are?

=====
I have come to the conclusion that one useless man is called a disgrace, that two are called a law firm, and that three or more become a Congress.
Want Deadlands stats for your favorite radio Western heros? Go to http://www.geocities.com/sittingduck_1313 and click on Extras.