Re: [DL] Props Questions

On Tuesday, November 5, 2002, at 06:53  PM, Jeff Yates wrote:
> On a trip to Colorado I made it a point to visit Manitou Springs.
> Bought a
> bowie knife (cheap knockoff, but it explained to everyone the
> difference
> between a knife, and a KNIFE), a baseball cap with Manitou Springs
> logo, two
> badges, and a shirt with "Manitou Springs" on it.

I wonder if the Manitou Springs tourism office staff (if there is one)
have been 'clued in' to

<snip>

> I've got all the Cardstocks, but we just don't have the room to use a
> horizontal map surface.  We do use a whiteboard propped up on an easel
> tho.

My table's a bit short for this as well... I'm seriously planning on
house-hunting early 2003, and a game room will be a top priority! Room
for a larger table, and one or more large whiteboards on the walls...
Hopefully enough room for a suitable wargaming table with 'sideboard'
shelving...

> I also have a real Colt Peacemaker (well, as real as a reputable
> Italian
> company can make it), but waving real firearms around didn't seem like
> such
> a great idea (I use it at a local range to shoot holes in paper
> targets).
> With one exception, where our local real-life gun nut brought in a
> Colt 1860
> Army in all it's cap-n-ball glory.  I'm pondering a non-firing replica
> via
> eBay, but the Knuckleduster Gun Shop book it looking mighty nice too.

Yup. Pointing real guns at people, or even using them as a 'prop' is
seriously bad according to the gun owners I game  with... Most gun
owners take this very seriously, and rightly so. I support gun rights,
but stupidity + guns should be treated harshly.