Melee Combat Speeds (was Re: [DL] Conversion Bounty Points to Chips)

 --- nytbloomer <nytbloomer@netzero.net> wrote: > Hmm.  Well, I'm sorry
but that is cheezy as all heck.  I don't mean
> your
> answer, which is founded in the new rules...I mean the RULES
> themselves.

><snip>

> Sorry if I came across as "harsh"...but I hate it when new rules try
> "fix" something that was never broken in the first place.

I don't think they were actually trying to fix anything with the hand
to hand  system.  The speed rules for firearms were slowing things down
and I know that my group forgot at times that some weapons took 2
actions while others took one, hence Pinnacle took the decision to
scrap them.  It just so happened that scrapping the Speed part of the
system impacted upon the melee stuff as well.  I don't know whether
Pinnacle looked into the effect scrapping Speeds would have on melee
combat, but I expect they would have.  However in the end figured that
it was better to continue with the simplicity of everything having a
single speed rather than having no Speeds for guns but retaining speeds
for melee weapons.

I don't know if there is any way of tweaking this and keeping the
single speed system -  I'll have a think about it.

Cheers

Roy