Re: [DL] Greetings board and a prestige class for critiquing.

From what I've seen the basic step for adjusting
something in d20 is a +2 or -2.
Thinking that waveing lite dynamite would probaly
give a +2 to anyone's intimidation roll, a mad bomber
ability might be just a additional +2, giveing a
Nitro-man a nice +4 to his intimidation.

Mind if I rewrite the Nitro-mans special abilities as
old school DL advantages for the list and my webpage?

If any other prestige classes for d20 DL have special
abilities that would make good old school DL
advantages, it might be a good Epitaph submission for
someone who owns both systems.

---- deadlands@gamerz.net wrote:
> Now the rebuttal
>

> Brom Clancy wrote:
>
> Fun:
> The 9th level ability looks more like it should be
> your missing 10th level ability.
> Maybe slip in a "Mad bomber" ability at a lower
level
> where the Nitro-man gets a bonus to his intimidation
> rolls when waveing around lite dynamite.
> Not al that usefull, but from what I've seen for the
> prestige classes made for DnD, it seems mandatory to
> slip in a few useless abilities.
>

> Thanks Brom, I was trying to figure out one
additional power to give it

deadlands@gamerz.net]On
> >Behalf Of cnc80@shaw.ca
> >Sent: Wednesday, November 13, 2002 10:54 AM
> >To: deadlands@gamerz.net
> >Subject: [DL] Greetings board and a prestige class
for critiquing.

> >After searching for a long time, I am glad to find
this list serve after
> >searching for a good forum for deadlands.
> >
> >Since I need a whopping 1 more post to make it to
freeman, I think I'll
> >finally introduce myself....<ahem>.
> >
> >Greetings Mortals, I am  a veteren gamer, who has
pretty much every
> >game under the sun (including macho chicks with
guns and all flesh must
> >be eaten :)23)"
> >
> >I would like to present this prestige class for
critiquing.

> >It is called the nitro-man and is located at this
URL
> >http://crpgn.mortality.net/forum/viewtopic.php?
p=1283#1283

> >Greetings,
> >
> >I got yer critique right here:
> >
> >BAB is way the Heck too high.
> >
> np, reduced it to more of a rogue based prestige
class.

> >Saves are a might too good as well, kinda looks
like the Monk in this
> >regards. Better crank these down a notch otherwise
you run the risk of
> >offending the Gods of Game Balance.
> >
> If it were a monk, the saving throws would be  much
higher

> Still, I'll reduce the will saves to quit hearing
the whining.

> >Way too many class skills. This kind of character
probably doesn't need
> >Tumbling, Knowledge (Mathematics), or Wilderness
Lore in order to function
> >in his or her chosen vocation. Better take another
crack at the list hombre.
> >Here's what I suggest:
> >
> Wildnerness lore, I'll give ya, but I've used
geometry to blow things up
> for real.
>
> Mathematics stays.
>
> Tumbling, I haven't decided yet.  It could be used
to roll with the
> explosion, a situation a nitro-man is all too
familiar with.

> I want a second opinion.
>

> >Bluff (Cha), Concentration (Con), Craft (Int),
Demolition (Int), Disable
> >Device (Int), Hide (Dex), Intimidate (Cha), Intuit
Direction (Wis),
> >Knowledge (Chemistry)(Int), Knowledge (Engineering)
(Int), Profession (mining
> >or railroad) (Wis), Search (Int), Spot (Wis),
Tinkering (Dex),

> I'm sticking with the list I've created, except for
my two changes.

> >The level based special abilities for the chass
seem to be in keeping with
> >the concept, the only one that gives me pause is
the one that allows the
> >character to reduce Fear Levels by blowing things
all to Heck. Such
> >widespread destruction of life and property is
unlikely to inspire trust and
> >dispell fear in the hears of those living nearby,
quite the contrary. I'd
> >rethink this'un if I wuz you.
> >
> Are you kidding.  Besides being one of the most
amusing abilities, it is
> based both on the Deadlands Precedent (that too
much obvious violence
> reduces fear factor), and psychology reports
involving desceniticzation.

> It is so staying hombre!!
>

> >Happi trailz,
> >
> Its been updated, with some of the changes
requested.

esquire@gamerz.net with
> >as the BODY of the message.  The SUBJECT is
ignored.

esquire@gamerz.net with