RE: [DL] Greetings board and a prestige class for critiquing.

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-deadlands@gamerz.net [mailto:owner-deadlands@gamerz.net]On
Behalf Of cnc80@shaw.ca
Sent: Wednesday, November 13, 2002 10:54 AM
To: deadlands@gamerz.net
Subject: [DL] Greetings board and a prestige class for critiquing.

After searching for a long time, I am glad to find this list serve after
searching for a good forum for deadlands.

Since I need a whopping 1 more post to make it to freeman, I think I'll
finally introduce myself....<ahem>.

Greetings Mortals, I am  a veteren gamer, who has  pretty much every
game under the sun (including macho chicks with guns and all flesh must
be eaten :)23)"

I would like to present this prestige class for critiquing.

It is called the nitro-man and is located at this URL
http://crpgn.mortality.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1283#1283

Greetings,

I got yer critique right here:

BAB is way the Heck too high.

Saves are a might too good as well, kinda looks like the Monk in this
regards. Better crank these down a notch otherwise you run the risk of
offending the Gods of Game Balance.

Way too many class skills. This kind of character probably doesn't need
Tumbling, Knowledge (Mathematics), or Wilderness Lore in order to function
in his or her chosen vocation. Better take another crack at the list hombre.
Here's what I suggest:

Bluff (Cha), Concentration (Con), Craft (Int), Demolition (Int), Disable
Device (Int), Hide (Dex), Intimidate (Cha), Intuit Direction (Wis),
Knowledge (Chemistry)(Int), Knowledge (Engineering)(Int), Profession (mining
or railroad) (Wis), Search (Int), Spot (Wis), Tinkering (Dex),

The level based special abilities for the chass seem to be in keeping with
the concept, the only one that gives me pause is the one that allows the
character to reduce Fear Levels by blowing things all to Heck. Such
widespread destruction of life and property is unlikely to inspire trust and
dispell fear in the hears of those living nearby, quite the contrary. I'd
rethink this'un if I wuz you.

Happi trailz,

--
Joseph C. Wolf