Re: [DL] Hexslinger vs Shootist

 --- Nick Zachariasen <zacharin@pluto.dsu.edu> wrote: > > spoilers.

> > > So am I accurate in my description of a Hexslinger, as written in
> Law
> Dogs,
> > > as a more freelance version of a Ranger Shootist? My thinking is
> that
> not
> > > all of the non-traditional Hucksters work for the Rangers and the
> "Shootist"
> > > descriptor is used to specifically refer to the ones employed by
> the
> > > Rangers.
> >
> > The first Shootist, Doc Holliday, is not a ranger.
>
> No, but he is currently in their employ (or at least at their
> service) as
> the headmaster, so to speak, of their Shootist program.

But isn't he doing that as some sort of favour to Hank Ketchum.  Doc
seems a bit of a free spirit - so I cannot see him only teaching Ranger
students if he decides to take it upon himself to train someone else.

Whether or not the Rangers like this I don't know, but I suspect not,
however how can they stop him teaching others without ruining their
whole Shootist program?

Cheers

Roy