Re: [DL] Why do people grumble about deadlands d20?

> We just had a discussion about how god-awful the D&D movie was... what
> made it worse was WoTC trying to hype it up (in the pages of Dragon
> Magazine) even after it was clear to everyone it sucked more than
> Highlander II or Ishtar. There is no other way to put this.... The Lost
> Colony Rulebook is a piece of crap. You can do better. You have done
> better. I've seen it. I am very disappointed in you, Shane.

I fail to see how the D&D movie has any revelance to this thread. I have,
however, posted my opinion of that at the very end.

I fail to see how Lost Colony is a piece of crap. I don't think this is
another case of D20 bashing, but I may be wrong. So let's just get to the
meat of this situation. How do you know what Shane originally envisioned?
For all we know, this is what he had in mind, he just added D20 crunchy bits
to them.

Frankly, I think D20 is a boon for Deadlands, because it pulls in more fans
to help support the Weird/Wasted/Way Out West. Let's face it, D20 is here,
and it's going to be here to stay for a while. Shane could have decided to
not do the dual statting (and I know he doesn't much care for D20, so this
was a business decision on his part), but he did do it, so that's that.

Before this sounds like a flame mail, I do want to say that I respect your
opinion, because it takes a lot of Grit to speak your mind among the fans
and fanboys of Deadlands.

So thus, I leave you with these thoughts. NOTHING sucks more than Highlander
II. NOTHING.

D&D: The movie came pretty darned close, though.

Graveyard Greg
Writer/Creator for Gaming Guardians
http://www.gamingguardians.com