Re: [DL] Why do people grumble about deadlands d20?

> arguably your worst. Too much space was eaten up for D20 rules, space
> that could have been used to make LC the product you origionally
> invisioned.

Well, the product he envisioned, I'm sure, WAS presented, it was just
presented in two different formats. The main LC book was, unfortunately, a
core book, and as such it needed more space to dual-stat things. No, I won't
use the d20 stats, so I do feel that I paid for a little more than I got,
but I realize that if we want to see the line continue we have to be
patient. Look at books like Lone Stars of Great Weird North. The
dual-statting in those took up so little space that I barely noticed. Wait
for the specialized books and I'm sure the stats will take up less space.
It's just that in this one you needed the base definitions, whcih need to be
explained thoroughly.

> We just had a discussion about how god-awful the D&D movie was... what
> made it worse was WoTC trying to hype it up (in the pages of Dragon
> Magazine) even after it was clear to everyone it sucked more than
> Highlander II or Ishtar.

Hey, now, let's not go saying things we're going to regret later. At least
it's not worse than the version of Gulliver's Travels that I had to sit
through today in Brit Lit. Hey, Chris, can I bum a contract hit off you? I
need to check if that producer is still alive...

Nick Zachariasen
Editor Emeritus
Trojan Times