Re: [DL] Why do people grumble about deadlands d20?

On Thursday, November 21, 2002, at 02:06  AM, Mr. Christopher
McGlothlin, M.Ed. wrote:

> At 01:59 AM 11/21/2002, cnc80@shaw.ca wrote:
>> I've sent a feel responses and everytime I say I've been playing
>> deadlands d20, They give me a look like I feel like I just stepped
>> out of a leper colony.
>>
>> I didn't think the deadlands d20 book was that bad.
>
>         Ahhhh! He has asked the Forbidden Question! Everyone flee the
> Listserver from the resulting flame-war!!!!:-)
>
>         Seriously, suffice to say, there are strong feelings on all
> sides. Classic DL folks tend to hate DL D20 because, well, it's D20
> and by extension, "not really DL." Many D20 folks (at least the vocal
> ones) hate the system port. People who like DL D20 have the misfortune
> of getting caught between these very passionate extremes.
>
>         Please no one take this as a cue to reignite the debate as to
> which one "ROOLZ" and which one "SUX" or I will take out contract hits
> on you all.

Thanks for handling this delicately. Everyone has an opinion, and while
we should probably be thankful that this is this list's biggest
recurring flamefest, it's best to just admit that you have a
preference, agee that the other party's preference is valid, and move
on.