[DL] deadlands miniatures

How many of you folks play the game with figs, and in
what scale?

I know there were official figs out in a nice variety
of shapes, but I did my deadlands games with 54mm
plastics cowboys.

These had the advantage that they come prepainted, are
larger and more durable than lead figs, are cheaper
even than unpainted 25mm lead, and many civil war figs
are avaialable in this scale, as well as Lionel trains
for those who love the Great Rail Wars.

Fantasy figs?  Not as big a problem as you might
think.  A little white paint and blackwash over the
face, combined with red eyes and a few bullet holes
(with blood appropriately oozing out, of course) turns
a plastic cowboy into a great harrowed gunslinger.

There is also a company called Lemax that puts out
painted, resin-cast halloween figures, many of which
are scary looking and period appropriate (I love the
Banshee and Headless Rider) and all of which are
surprisingly cheap.

Anyway, just curious.