[DL] Background help

Ok, this is the final one for today. I swear! You guys have such good ideas
for getting my posse that I'm saving a fortune on lube!

I have an adventure all set up. But I can't come up with a way to tie any of
my posse's background to them. I'm trying to delve more into the hooks they
provide me.

So the adventure is in southern Nevada. Bacially this rogue shaman is trying
to get back at his chief. So he causes all these problems with diaseses and
such. So conflict will happen between the whites and natives. Of course the
posse just happened to be sitting in for the sheriff of the closest town. So
the adventure will happen with them first dealing with the blood wolves and
similar things. Then the natives and whites getting fired up. Then the
investigation of who this shaman is and trying to stop him.
Straight forward adventure. However, I would like a hook to pull in a PC or
two. And this is where I need the help.

My posse's background:
Two-gun kid: his joker draw was the relic. Now I have a relic for him, but I
wanted this to be changing over time. So not so much as that he has one big
relic, but that relics tend to fall into his hands. Or he some how enhances
them or something. Anyway, maybe something behind why he gets relics n such.
He's from a rich family in New York. That's about it.

Tempest: this simple man is from Montana. He is a tempest with soul blast.
He had the normal problems a tempest had growing up. However, his family are
irish and was hunted down for his mother's "witchcraft". The mob hung them
all and burned the farm. Except when he passed out he saw a single person
coming for him. They cut him down and left. He has no clue. I was thinkin of
tying him to the Whateleys, but what would they have to do with this injun?

I have others who haven't really done much with their backgrounds. So I
would like to see these two get some pull somehow. Maybe it won't happen
with this adventure. Anyway thanks again, for the third time.