Re: [DL] Legendary Harrowed...somewhat spoilers.

On Wednesday, November 27, 2002, at 01:30  PM, cnc80@shaw.ca wrote:

> Warning Spoilers, I suppose
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
>
> One of my biggest grumbles about Way of the Dead is that unlike the
> Way of the Gun (which listed the names on both of sides of the law),
> the only two harrowed related stuff  mentioned are Stone and the
> Prospector.

My guess is that this is probably because most people don't brag about
being harrowed the way gunfighters would... You start convincing people
you returned from the grave due to the manitou you time-share your body
with, and everything goes to hell.

Also, keep in mind that Pinnacle seems to try to avoid making their
splatbooks too cookie-cutter. I'm more fiamilar with the Classic
Deadlands side of the house, but Smith & Robards (the first Mad
Scientist book) doesn't try to take the same format as Law Dogs, for
example. The topics are just to different. As a player of at least one
White Wolf game, I'm glad to see this difference. The tribebooks for
Werewolf seem to blur together sometime because they all use the exact
same format.