Re: [DL] Werewolf: the Savage West

> I wonder if PEG gets as much benefit from White Wolf as White Wolf gets
> from PEG. Sheesh. Those three Dime Novels are PEG advertising White
> Wolf!

Probably more.  WW is a 1st tier game company that has a strong potential to be
the first RPG that a lot of gamers experience. Deadlands is a 2nd tier game in
that it is a setting/system that gamers find after they have been introduced to
the hobby.

Any 2nd tier system, in that it "feeds" off of a subset population base will
understandably have a smaller fan base.

The long and the short of it - odds are everyone in Deadlands has been exposed
to the tier one games, and I guarantee you that not everyone in the WW or DnD
base has been exposed to Deadlands.

Or you can even look at it as an equilibium type effect :  (WW) 50000 players
<--> 5000 players (Deadlands).  (Numbers made up on the spot).  For every player
that may move to White Wolf, 10 players are likely to look at Deadlands.

--
Allan Seyberth
darious@darious.com