Re: [DL] Werewolf: the Savage West (Last word from me about it)

First off, I'm shutting up about White Wolf on here, at least for a
while. no one has said anything, but this is a list for Deadlands, not
the games from the Pale Puppy. I'm quiet barring direct questions on
this subject. No one has complained yet, but this conversations been
dragging itself off topic...

I used the notes from the crossover Werewolf novels for a Hell on Earth
scenario. Basically, a corrupt school of martial artists convinced the
posse to hunt down the beast that was in the nearby woods. They finally
encounter the thing, and managed to -barely- convince it not to
eviscerate the templar it had pinned to the ground.

Anyway, it was revealed that it was int he middle of being taught a
lesson by someone seriously powerful... Powerful enough to lead this
Get of Fenris (one of the more violent, nasty Werewolf tribes) Galliard
(Bard) from the World of Darkness world to Hell on Earth in order to
teach him a lesson about war not always being a good option.

An important note is that I ran this for a group that has several
people very knowledgeable about the Werewolf game, including the GM of
the Werewolf game I play in. (She was playing the nearly-killed
templar, in fact.) As such, I was very careful to never mention a lot
of the Werewolf 'signatures' like Gaia, his tribe and auspice, or any
system specifics like gifts and the like. This kept them from being
able to make assumptions about what was honestly a character only
slightly more experienced than normal.

The conversion rules can make them VERY nasty. If an entire pack of
Garou was hunting a deadlands posse I'd expect it to be very lethal for
the posse, especally if it's in the wilderness where the garou have the
edge. Even the minor hindrance of them losing the delirium isn't a big
deal.

The posse eventually figured out what was going on and neatly sliced &
diced the Martial Artist master and his friends, along with some black
hats. In return for turning over a relic (consecrated to War) to their
'friend' they now have a one-time ability to call on him for a favor.
It's a nice safety valve in case the entire posse gets wasted.

A great opportunity for doing things the other way: If Garou ended up
in deadlands and try to freak out humans by shifting, the average
posse-member type would make the guts roll and start blasting... giving
the garou a nice surprise.

Ah well, back to plotting out the course for my posse... My classic
deadlands game involves a lot of werewolves, but luckily not the White
Wolf kind.