Re: [DL] Comin' round the Mountain (Marshals Only!)

Sounds Like Fun, let me see if I can offer a few pointers

 Well, last night I ran my posse and I second foray into Deadland
original recipe. Granted, we are all pretty clunky with the rule at
this point still but we are learning and I think they seem to like it
better than the d20 we had been playing!

It will all come in time, give it a month you will wonder what all the fuss was about and the atmosphere wil flow like cheap wine.

 Alright, the posse is on the train...they were all doing their things.
The huckster was gamblin' (and won the fake treasure map) the randy,
loud mouth braggart was all over Penelope Brown and the rest of the
posse was scoping out the ex-rebel whom I made look very suspicious.

Quick twist for you if you have the mein, not sure if penelope is an NPC or not, see if you can make her a lesbian, it always turns things on it's head.

The train took t big turn and headed up the steep incline then all
hell broke loose (of course!)

Naturally

The tressel blew and train crashed. The
posse figured out the the train had lost its last two car and was going
to check outside and the bandits started shootin'. the posse never
really tried to return fire they just started talkin' about pullin' the
pin and sendin' the dining car down the mountain!

Good thinkin really!

Well, the bandits
started tossin' dynamite and this started the posse into double time in
pullin' the pin. After a ton of aces on his strength roll the huckster
pulled the pin and the dinning car started rollin' down the mountain
(nearly leave on posse member behind and defiantly leave the two
troublesome kids and Penelope behind!)

This happens don't fret

This leaves me with a couple of
questions...rule wise how do I handle the run away train?

Forget the rules, wing it, roll a few dice to make the players nervious and have an outcome already in mind.

 Would The
bandits go after the dinner train down the hill, I had them firing
parting shots and then converging on the remaining train cars. I don't
think my posse has the idea that they are heroes yet...they seem very
much out for themselves.

Why not have a stick of dynamite sever another coupling on one of the other cars sending it down after the dining car, if the bandits are clever they could jump the empty car and give persuit in true railroad stylly, you could aso have them sling ropes and try and hang on to the car as it makes it's decent. Another option is have the bandits blow the track as the car is running away, that should worry em.

 Any insights would be helpful! Man, I can't
imagine how they will botch things when they get to the husker!!!

We here on the list expect to find out....keep us informed

Peter King

Marshal & Long Time Gamer under "The Judge David Gabriel" & "Chance Black"

"You can't quick draw on em , your carrying a injun" MARSHAL
"Ok, Swing the injun" CHANCE BLACK