Re: [DL] Comin' round the Mountain (Marshals Only!)

<After a ton of aces on his strength roll the huckster pulled the pin and the dinning car started rollin' down the mountain (nearly leave on posse member behind and defiantly leave the two troublesome kids and Penelope behind!) This leaves me with a couple of questions...rule wise how do I handle the run away train?>

Simple, the cars that were disconnected earlier are obviously blocking the track at the bottom of the hill, as the train car speeds toward it,they have to either stay in the car and hope for the best or get thehell out of dodge and hope they don't break themselves in the process.

<Would The bandits go after the dinner train down the hill, I had them firing parting shots and then converging on the remaining train cars.>

Seems to me you left the bandits with 3 perfectly good hostages at the top of the hill...

<I don't think my posse has the idea that they are heroes yet...they seem very much out for themselves. Any insights would be helpful! Man, I can't imagine how they will botch things when they get to the husker!!!>

The key is to make them have to act like a team, give them no other choice than to help the other guys out. Appeal to their sense of survival and logic (ie: that guy who just shot the guy next to the PC probably wouldn't stop shooting just cause one of them fell, would he?) and see where it goes, if it goes south fast, then they get to try again with new sheets :-)

That reminds me of one of the players we used to RPG with, he was so terrible that we got him a laminated character sheet and dry erse markers. I think he had to make a new character every time we got together. Makes you wonder.....

-dan, the kinder, more benevolent marshal