RE: [DL] What do i do wrong? (High Targets and booring long Combat)

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-deadlands@gamerz.net [mailto:owner-deadlands@gamerz.net]On
Behalf Of Patrick Jungbluth
Sent: Thursday, December 19, 2002 9:16 AM
To: deadlands@gamerz.net
Subject: Re: [DL] What do i do wrong? (High Targets and booring long
Combat)

<<Snip>>
i just have one player in my group that has d10 or even d12 and he is a
huckster that draw incredibele good when creating his caracter all the other
players have d6s in most of there atributes and rarly a d8.

<<Snip>>

Sounds like your heroes aren't all that *super*, sounds like you might want
to consider letting your players tweak their characters. You have several
options, one of which has already been mentioned-redraw traits but since
this opens up several cans of worms, i.e. Mysterious Pasts, I suggest going
the route of non-random character generation. Shane was kind enough to post
my system on the PEG site earlier this year. If you're interested I could
send the word file your way along with a nifty worksheet that makes
character creation a snap. Mysterious Pasts still exist but they've been
changed to edges & hindrances. Anybody else that's interested is free to
contact me off-list and I'll forward the files.

Happi Trailz,

--
Joseph C. Wolf
Line Developer, Dark Heaven Legends d20