Re: [DL] Re: deadlands-digest.20021219-1

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jeff Shoffner" <shoffner@esper.com>
To: <deadlands@gamerz.net>
Sent: Thursday, December 19, 2002 9:44 PM
Subject: [DL] Re: deadlands-digest.20021219-1

> >Subject: [DL] What do i do wrong? (High Targets and booring long Combat)
> >
> >My group and me where playing CL original 3 times yet and while in the
> beginning they where quite excitet about the system now 3 of 6 players
dont
> want to play anymore and the rest has the opinion of "lets see one more
time
> then we decide if we play again"
>
> [snip]
>

> Gathering from other posts, & your responses, it sounds like the biggest
> problem to your group is the players do not understand combat play well
> enough to play.  When we first started, combat would easily take an hour.
> Now, we usually knock it out in ten to fifteen minutes.  This is with a
lot
> of folks shooting.

I dont think that is that big of a problem maybe would speed things up a bit
if they know the rules inside out but it still takes an awesome amount of
time to just go trou all those rolls and calculations when I roll for the
npcs. "Ok that critter that is attacing you. <rolling hadfull of dices
sorting them> and misses you. the other critter attacks you <again rolling
the same dice staring a couple of seconds at them> hits you and does
<another hand of die is rolled and sortet out> 12 pts of damage that is 2
wounds in <rolling die> the left arm. Any chips? Fine then you loose also
<agian rolling die> 5 wind too. ok the first 2 of the 7 critters are done.
nest one ... and so on"
thats why i would like to have a more simplified combat system not only for
assigning damage to the mooks but also do deal damage out for the PCs.