RE: [DL] What do i do wrong? (High Targets and booring long Combat)

I'm getting to this party late, but I can point out a possibility.  Tho now
I don't remember if it's an official rule or not.  Anyway, trying to shoot
someone in close combat with a long arm (rifle, shotgun) lets the defender
add her Fightin' score to your TN to hit.  This represents the defender just
reaching out and pushing the barrel of the weapon away.  'Course, a rifle
also grants the shooter a defensive bonus, since it can be used to guard
against the melee attacks of the unarmed opponent.  Which, for our group,
usually means that if the baddie gets up close and personal with you, your
rifle becomes a DB +2/STR+1d6 club.  And if you happen to have an
appropriate rifle, you might even have a bayonet on the end, making it even
more useful for this.

Jeff Y.