Re: [DL] What do i do wrong? (High Targets and booring long Combat)

On Thursday, December 19, 2002, at 09:16  AM, Patrick Jungbluth wrote:

>> Also: Do your players spend chips on their rolls?
>
> no normally not they save up all the chips they have to negate wounds
> since
> even a single light wound gives a -1 penalty and they are even less
> likely
> to make any roll afterwards (same reason why they dont aim) this is
> why i
> was also thinking about lowering the penaltys for all wound modifiers
> by 1.

In general, players need to learn is that Deadlands seems to try to
encourage a mix between the 'never get touched' style of some games
(White Wolf games can often go downhill quickly because the injury
penalties are harsh) and the 'regularly dead' style of many D&D games
(where characters treat HP as a resource, and often go below zero in an
adventure.).

My players consider Red chips only useful for wounds (since no chips
come to ME then.

BTW, if the posse is generally quick, i recommend the Aim action that
others have suggested. With most 'mooks' the opposition will still go
after most of the posse aims for a round... Taking cover and lining up
a shot is all fair game.