Re: [DL] deadlands humor

-----Original Message-----
From: Patrick Downs <knick_nevin@yahoo.com>
To: deadlands@gamerz.net
Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2002 10:39:47 -0800 (PST)
Subject: [DL] deadlands humor

> Has anyone here ever GMed or played in a Deadlands
> session that had a healthy dose of humor?
>
> I had an idea for a Whateley candy maker whose main
> creation, a chocolate golem, could be eaten in order
> to be destroyed. I was just curious if other people
> had these crazy ideas, or if they had actually played
> ina  session with some.
>
> -doc

Crazy idea are the standerd of most of the games I'm in.

Lets see, I had the Mad sciencetist who used a super growth formula to
make a giant 12 foot tall turkey which got loss terrorise a small mineing
town, it attacked a indian youth in the dark and was misidentified as a
mythological eyekiller demon. The posse was up against a group of semi
competent "wranglers" from the professpor's ranch who wanted to capture
the beast alive without anyone knowing about it, so they ended up
covering up all evidence that might have clued the posse into the fact
that they was up against a giant turkey and not a eyekiller.
When the posse finally caught up to "big tom" the first thing they did
was shot it head clean off with a luck shot, leaving them with a trashing
headless 10' tall turkey charging them.

Then there was the my rip off of seven brides for seven brothers, where
adam kidnaps a preacher with the 6 brides who just happens to be the
confederate spy the posse was tracking down, and the first bride just
happened to be a werewolf who had infected the whole bunch of brohters by
the time the posse caught up and got avalanced in the mountains with them.

I was also in a game as a player where a sudden flash flood had wiped out
the rail bridge to town, apon investigation it turned out that giant
beavers had build a dam that had given way and they were now in the
process of building another that would cut off the only source of water
for the local ranchers. ( we chased them off with dynamite in the water,
and got to use the line "take that you toothy basterds!")