Re: [DL] New Shipping Co.(Shane after Christmas)

On Tuesday, December 24, 2002, at 12:59  PM, Kevin L Stoner wrote:

> I just recieved my first package from the new shipping
> company and they somehow charged me shipping for a zero
> quantity of books. I ordered a d20 DL book for a friend, and
> I ordered the new HOE d20 book. It gets here and the package
> says
>
> 1 HOE Horrors of the ...
> 0 Deadlands D20
>
> Why would I order 0 Deadlands D20? I never recieved a
> message from the shippers saying "Out of Stock" or anything.
> I wrote them and told them to fix it. This is clearly an
> error on the shippig document. And keep in mind the shipping
> stayed the same for the books. Long story short one of my
> friends christmas present will not be here and I am sorely
> dissappointed about this. I hope you give them a severe
> beating (or at least a stern lecture). Thanks.

I feel for you... I'm a bit on edge and have to make sure I have
everything I ordered from multiple different places tonight when i wrap
everything.

However:

Shane's not the best person for this, and having it out on a public
mailing list is kind of rude. As per www.peginc.com, you need to email
jdanovich@charter.net and, most likely, cc shanehensley@peginc.com or
PEGshane@aol.com to get Shane. Not much they can do at this point, of
course, but at least they can try to hustle it along as appropriate.
Maybe you can run out this afternoon, buy a card, and put a color print
of the cover of the DLd20 book (snagged from the S&R site) in it?

Shane and co. have always been very appreciative. I'm positive they'll
do what they can and ship direct to the friend if necessary (an
out-of-towner, perhaps).