>Okay.
>Does anyone have any thoughts on mad scientists in the Weird West or
>Hell on Earth inventing time machines and traveling to each game
>setting?
>I understand the perils with time travel, as related in The Collegium,
>page 109, but does anyone have any thoughts on a mad scientist inventing
>a ghostrock-powered time travel device? Any theories?

Technically right now(in the current game year), there is a portal to all
three Deadlands setting.  The Wierd West, The Wasted West, and Lost Colony.
The Unity details the specifics, but pretty much what happened is the
reckoners created a trail in the hunting ground that link the wasted west
with the wierd west.   This is how Stone went back in time and killed all
the heroes, thus letting HOE happen.  The Unity tore a whole in that trail
when it crashes on banshee with the Reckoners on board.  Thus causing a
three way trail in the hunting ground.

The Official portal sits in the Devil Tower but I don't see a problem with a
Mad Scientist building a device that allow them to enter the hunting ground
and get on the trail.

The Official time travel rules in Deadlands are simple.

No Paradoxs.  As a Marshal you just don't let them happen.  If the players
try to kill someone important, it either doesn't happen or someone nearly
identical does the exact same thing(Like Arnold Hilter starting WWII).  Of
course its your game, so do what you want.

Dan

http://join.msn.com/?page=features/virus&xAPID=42&PS=47575&PI=7324&DI=7474&SU=
http://www.hotmail.msn.com/cgi-bin/getmsg&HL=1216hotmailtaglines_virusprotection_3mf