Re: [DL] Outlaw Posse

<And outlaws always have ties to family, friends, people that owe them money, or whatever that can tie them to to many plots where they don't get to just be "bad.">

yeah, i took that into consideration and mentioned it to my players, they think it would be a good idea, try to start a "den of thieves" or something through NPCs, thereby leading to the side-quests that are common in many campaigns.

<Just make sure that there is a price paid for being the bad guys from time to time.>

if the price for bein a bad guy is anything like the price for messing up when you're the good guy, they'll be in good shape to handle long, lonely nights in jails.

<If you can make a two-posse idea work, good for you, but I can't even imagine the logistics.>

We talked a bout that a bit. We thought it would work well if the two marshals involved had continued contact but the players had no idea of what was going on (ie: the outlaws plan a huge robbery and the heroes are sent to fend off a suspected robbery ring). One of my members has extensive experience with online RPing (playing & running) and he says it should work, if the marshals don't get too stuck opn being the one in charge.

When the two posses meet (one of my members suggested Origins as a good place to stage that), the marshals will have everything laid out between each other in advance and run what they need to (experience points, chips, etc) for their respective parties. Neither marshal would be "out to get" the other marshal, the posses would be (of course), but the marshals would be there to make sure things don't get out of hand. The marshals would have limited roles (such as "timekeeper" so things don't drag on as well as making sure their is *just enough* time for the posse to get everything set up, and to take care of extras and creatures), the players would take care of everything for their respective characters, as much as possible.

It's still in the early planning stages, but if anyone is interested in it any suggestions would be helpful

now, i have to think of one final opportunity my players will have to save their friend  before tomorrow night's session.

---dan, the kinder, more benevolent marshal