[DL] RE: Black Circle

Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2003 05:35:29 -0800
From: cmhylton@earthlink.net
Subject: Re: [DL] re: Black Circle (Goff?)

>A realllllly good book.  Too bad not all the spells made it in.
>Begin beg*
> Mr. Goff, if you are out there, any chance of you putting the *lost* Blood
>Mage Spells in a PDF file on the main site?  I don't want to dig through
the
>Wierd Wars and try to convert d20 into DL style spells (with DL names).

This leads me to a question--aside from Deadlands material, what else deals
with the Whateleys?  Is there Whateley Blood Magey goodness in Weird Wars?
Hell on Earth?  Lost Colony?

>*end beg*
>C M Hylton

AAAANND

>Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2003 16:14:26 -0600
>From: mightygecko@juno.com
>Subject: [DL] Blood Mages and Whatleys
>
>I've begun to work on a Whatley based adventure. i was wondering if
>anyone had any Whatley characters (Hero, Villain, or NPC) that I could
>use as NPC's in adventure, or at least mention. I'm particularly
>interested if they might have illigitimate children.
>
>Dave

The convention we developed was to use good Hebrew Old Testament names for
the Whateleys.  That way, you get the feeling of the severity and reticence
of Old New England (and Lovecraft) and just the smallest hint of that
"Wrath of God" lurking in the background.  Bless Rob Vaux and the rest of
the guys who set up the Whateleys so well.

My current character is Malchesidek Whateley, and a MIB.  He's thirty-ish,
and might be the sort to have a bastard running around.  If you need them,
I can certainly come up with more names and personalities if you'd like...

John Goodrich-Whateley
Serving Knicknevin since 1999...

http://mail2web.com/ .