Re: [DL] d20 blessed and turn undead.

On Sat, 11 Jan 2003 10:51:14 -0700
 cnc80@shaw.ca wrote:
> Friekin' turn undead.
>
> I have a deadlands d20 game with a deluded blessed in it
> who keeps blasting through the walkin' dead (hell in one
> encounter, he didn't even bother getting out of his
> bedroll).
>
> Normally this would be a big deal, but the adventure is
> based on an unholy allience between bayou vermillion and
> sweetrock in the town of tuscon.
>
> Any ideas on how to handle the blessed?

Unless I'm incorrect there's a gang in Southern Arizona
(called the Red Lantern Gang I think) that dresses and makes
themselves look like the walkin' dead.  Now, the Baron
doesn't particularly like these guys because they rob his
trains and draw too much attention to the walkin' dead.  And
he also isn't going to like your little Blessed guy either.

So he hires the Red Lantern Gang to take out your Blessed
and his friends (through intermediaries of course), figuring
at least one thorn will take care of the other thorn.  And
after whichever side wins, he sends in a couple of waves of
walkin' dead to take out the winner (Your Blessed should
have wasted several if not all of his turning attempts on
the gang uselessly.)

It's easy to use the Baron's voodoo powers, but never forget
his money and influence.  Hired killers are cheap in the
Weird West, and one bad huckster who owes the Baron a favor
can easily frame any person for a felony crime.  How does
your Blessed handle the Law as a foe?

Just a couple of EVIL thoughts.  :-)

Clint