Re: [DL] d20 blessed and turn undead.

On Sat, 11 Jan 2003 15:44:39 -0500
 Brett Dixon <balance@tubas.net> wrote:

> On Saturday, January 11, 2003, at 01:40  PM, coyote
> wrote:
> > Bayou Vermillion walkin' dead are not the stock DL
> walkin' dead, add a
> > little something extra to 'em like Turn Resistance +2
> or +4 if a
> > Bokkor's
> > handy.
>
> This is a good point... I remember, possibly from some
> second edition
> AD&D source, a special rule allowing creators of undead
> to actively
> oppose turning attempts.
>
> Could be a good special rule... The creator can somehow
> oppose the
> roll...

Um, there's no need for a special rule.  Look in your
Player's Handbook under Turning checks.  Evil clerics can
use a turning attempt to either dispel a turning attempt or
use it beforehand to bolster the undead making them harder
to turn.

If there are a couple of bokkor there, turning should be a
null option.

Clint