[DL] Camels, request for informatio about.

Title: Message

>Hi,
>    I had an idea about making an Arab character for the Weird West.  The short concept is someone hired to >teach the army how to use camels.  I seem to recall several references to a U.S. Army camel corps in the real >world.  Did this happen in Deadlands and if so are any Deadlands camel stats out there (including the price)?  If so >were might I find them?
>    Thanks,
>          Daniel
>"Thus conscience doth make cowards of us all."
>     Hamlet, Act III, scene i.
I don't know about camels for character use, but the Camel Corp is mentioned in the "Lost Angels" source book. They happened to be in california durring the Great Quake and most were swallowed up by the splitting ground

David.... spoilers below......

actually, the Reckoners had a little bit of fun with the camels... Hell Camels!!!! the camels returned after a short hiatus in hell and came back flesh eating, super fast, and on fire. Quite interesting epitaph really, "here lies poor Burt Dramel, eaten by a flaming camel."